Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Stoke-on-Trent. Midlands, UK
This may be the only way I can get a mac into work....

My boss has tasked me with pricing up some equipment,
basically she was a Pc (or mac ;) ) to deliver information to lcd screens, either monitors or tv's,

We have three floors, goin to 8 LCDs on each floor, one in reception and one for the Operational support team.

Sort of like the kind of things you find in the supermarket i.e tesco, they have a small one in mine in the music aisle,, or in pubs,, showing the same info,, or at a computer fair.

Sometimes their called digital kiosks,, wallboards,, i think

Im so stuck here though, i need 3 to 4 quotes, but i cant find any websites.

CAn any one help?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
I've recently been through this type of drama at work -- read if you can be bothered.

We used these people to wire the whole thing up.
[url]http://www.presservgroup.com/group/index.asp

They even supplied a PC which was initially asked for (not by me) but this didn't do the job. However, once the iron fist within the blue velvet glove had her way, a Mac was put in its place. :)

I think you will need some form of video amplification with the splitters to run the signal to eight screens at some distance. It's important to get one firm to handle as much as possible so that if something goes wrong, then you know who to get in touch with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.