Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
I have a couple of old Stephen King audiobooks (read by the author) on cassette tape. Yesterday I used Audacity to digitize the first book and exported the files as AAC (m4a) then renamed them to m4b files and added them to iTunes.

I had them added to iTunes Match and they show up on my iPhone 6s now but they won't play. The iPhone says the media format is not supported. They play fine in iTunes.

I wanted to use the m4b format because, it's my understanding, that this format will enable me to pick up where I left off when I listen again later.

Any tips on what I can do?

Because i use iTunes Match I can't really sync my library directly to my computer.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
I can't even have Apple Music to remember where a song I bought from iTunes was playing in my iPhone, after a simple stop watch video or look int a webpage, and then come back to the Music app.

Apple really diminished the user experience for us non Apple Music subscribers.

For you audiobook, isn't it better to use an audiobook app instead of the Music one?

Maybe try adding the audio file to iBooks, or Kindle app?

http://www.macworld.com/article/2975943/software-books/how-to-listen-to-audiobooks-on-ios.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.