Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spyreader

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2020
Hi all - first time poster...

Apologies if this has been discussed already somewhere on the site. I currently own an iPhone 7 and have had this since 2017.

I am keen to upgrade and am torn between the SE (2nd Generation) or the 11. I am big on photography therefore the 11 is the device which draws me in given the wide angle lens etc.

I also like the look of the SE given it is the same size as the 7.

I am therefore undecided on whether to go for the 11 or go for the SE and invest in a wide angle lens kit.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Spyreader

Last edited:

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Hi all - first time poster...

Apologies if this has been discussed already somewhere on the site. I currently own an iPhone 7 and have had this since 2017.

I am keen to upgrade and am torn between the SE (2nd Generation) or the 11. I am big on photography therefore the 11 is the device which draws me in given the wide angle lens etc.

I also like the look of the SE given it is the same size as the 7.

I am therefore undecided on whether to go for the 11 or go for the SE and invest in a wide angle lens kit.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Spyreader
I would be leaning towards the 11 given that it has what you want built in without the need to carry around extra kit with you everywhere! Plus the added bonus of better battery life and I bigger screen to look at those pictures on

Reactions: spyreader

spyreader

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2020
I would be leaning towards the 11 given that it has what you want built in without the need to carry around extra kit with you everywhere! Plus the added bonus of better battery life and I bigger screen to look at those pictures on

Thanks for the advice!??

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
The 7 and SE are virtually identical. You wouldn't be getting your money's worth buying an SE unless your 7 is thrashed

Reactions: spyreader
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.