Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drumcat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Otautahi, Aotearoa
Hi all,

This has been a thing for a little while now. I have AirTags on my older cats and a few things like my wallet. Generally they have been outstanding and they saved my blind cat from dying. So needless to say, pretty happy.

I've noticed a new thing that hasn't changed, and that is when it says "far".

This did not happen, and I think it started happening with 15.6. If you have lost something, and you're neither provided with directions or distance, it is a lot less helpful. I'm not asking for new functionality; I just want it to work like it used to. You would get a general direction at up to 16 metres, and the distance.

Now, you just get "far".

Is this something I can fix, or has functionality been removed?

• Love
Reactions: bwillwall

OCS12

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Sheboygan, WI USA
Not sure what's going on in your situation. I just tested one of mine and it gave distance and direction out to 56 feet (17 meters for you normal people).

That's with IOS 16.0.3 on a 13Pro.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
I put an AirTag on my kitty and dog as well. She's new to us (the cat) and too friendly and cute, I was worried someone would steal her so I got her a collar with our info and AirTag. It's been so helpful! I just had to change one of the batteries out so far after about a year on my dog.

I'm not sure what's going on but I wish you the best of luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.