Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heptaHex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2022
My mac has got a dirt like fleck out of nowhere today. There was nothing until morning and now it appears out of nowhere. I thought it was a dead pixel or something but rather than a dead pixel it looks like some dirt is stuck under the screen. Does M1 Macbook Airs have a removable screen protector out of the box or something which dirt can be stuck? It's only been a few days that I got it. Any resolve for this, please? Thanks.

2022-07-10 00.25.12.jpg

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
I would return it and get a new one. That looks like a dead pixel to me.
Agreed, I had a few on my old M1 MBA that was only a few months used that got repaired then had a hinge issue. I sold that thing and swore I would never get another MBA after seeing all the dead pixel issues.

heptaHex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2022
Agreed, I had a few on my old M1 MBA that was only a few months used that got repaired then had a hinge issue. I sold that thing and I swore I would never get another MBA after seeing all the dead pixel issues.
I also agree and I would like to do so if possible. But in my region there is no apple service centers at all. I even got it from my aunt living in Japan as a present. It's also not easy to send it back to her. So, I'm stuck @_@!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.