Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Well just picked it up yesterday and it's a fun game , nailed 23% so far in Career Mode -

the graphics are very nice but i get the feeling this game will not take long to complete.

Any one else out there got it ? o and it's no Forza 2 BTW :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Is it better than the demo? I found the controls in the demo very sub-par and every car felt like it was driving on very bad ice - there simply was very little grip at all no matter what.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
yes it is like driving on ice , but if you love the demo then you will love the game -
today i have done 30% of the game 220 game score points :rolleyes:

the truck racing is kinda cool too, and the buggy racing means i will not have to fork out for a ps3 and that motorstorm game :p

the online aspect is ok up to 100 players - like a rally you all fight the clock

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I was just turned off by the presentation, that and I'm not keen on rally games. Like you said - its no Forza.

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
It looks fantastic, and the menus, well the menus look like they were designed by Apple. Game play I think will be short, and its a little disconnected, but tbh, im loving it.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
It looks fantastic, and the menus, well the menus look like they were designed by Apple. Game play I think will be short, and its a little disconnected, but tbh, im loving it.
i just sort of guessed you might have it :D

what's you live username ?

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Is it much like motorstrom?
Is there a difference?
Do you have it for 360 or PS3?

I haven't played it or the demo but I'm interested in it because motorstorm has upped my interest in the offroad frenzy.

Bless

thegreatunknown

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
went to Best Buy yesterday to buy it. Oddly enough they didn't have it and claimed it would be out today. This is very odd to me since for years music and video games have always been released on tuesdays. anyway, later this afternoon I guess.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
added you to my friends list -

91% completed so far and heading for the finish line -

overall a great game ! gonna turn my attention to Forza next :cool:

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Cool. 91%? Wow. I've fell behind a little then, only about 35% here, end of Tier 4 I think.

the games just flows once you get going - i spent 7 hours straight last night :eek: when i looked up i thought oopps

look forward to giving you a race or two on DiRT and Forza

:apple:

desenso

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2005
Bought this yesterday and I love it. The graphics are incredible, and the physics are the most impressive that I've seen.

Awesome game!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I just got the wireless racing wheel, and the game plays a lot better with it. Handling in the demo seems less slippy.

As Sendit.com have it for €45 I may pick it up now. Though I'm also tempted to get Flatout Ultimate instead.

Must admit though, I think the menu system and overall presentation is in a league of its own. Simply beautiful menu system.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
For me, it was this or forza 2. I played both demos, and i found that dirt just wasn't as good.
Granted they are two different genres of racing games, but i only really need one racing game.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
For me, it was this or forza 2. I played both demos, and i found that dirt just wasn't as good.
Granted they are two different genres of racing games, but i only really need one racing game.

yeah ... but how many computers you got ;) Get dirt when it drops in price you'll love it just as much as forza well not as much but you will have fun getting them easy 1000 points

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.