Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
As I understand, if the general setting is off, then it doesn't really matter what the individual app setting might have been or is set to as the general setting overrides that when it's set to off.
THat was my understanding but I was getting background usage on some apps with the general setting turned off until I did this. Sure not the total solution but it helped for me

Reactions: verdi1987

verdi1987

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
THat was my understanding but I was getting background usage on some apps with the general setting turned off until I did this. Sure not the total solution but it helped for me
It has helped for me, too, but not totally eliminated the issue for all apps.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Typically that usage would come from background usage that is outside of the background app refresh usage in that sort of a scenario (short of there being some sort of a bug or something along those lines somewhere, of course).

Reactions: verdi1987
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.