Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d.richter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2017
Hello,

how can i prevent, that a user can delete the macOS safari history?

Thanks

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
I believe Screen Time > Content & Privacy > Content Restrictions > Access to Web Content > Limit Adult Websites removes the option for private browsing and ability to clear your history on iOS. You could check if it does the same on macOS.

d.richter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2017
I believe Screen Time > Content & Privacy > Content Restrictions > Access to Web Content > Limit Adult Websites removes the option for private browsing and ability to clear your history on iOS. You could check if it does the same on macOS.
Its not available on macOS.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
System Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy > Content Restrictions > Access to Web Content > Limit Adult Websites

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 10.04.08 AM.png

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
and where can i disable, that the history is deleted? i want it use in the company and not at home with children
As long as it does what you want, who cares what you need it for? Enabling "Limit Adult Websites" will disable the ability to clear browsing history in Safari on macOS Ventura. Opening a Private Window is also no longer an option. Both menu options are greyed out. I just checked. Just be sure to check no work related websites are being blocked.

So go to System Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy. Enable Content Restrictions. Then select "Limit Adult Websites" next to "Access to Web Content" and click the Done button. That will disable the ability to clear Safari's browsing history and to open a Private Window on macOS Ventura.

Last edited:

d.richter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2017
Oh perfect. Can i set this setting on an admin-account for all user accounts on this mac?

d.richter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2017
Planning on invading someone's privacy??!!
No, private use is not allowed.

Why can i set this setting not to all accounts on the client. The different user want to set this setting.
I testet it with catalina, the first time i cannot delete the history but a day later the user can delete the history.

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Thanks, but i want that the user can´t see the Profile and the Settings?
That used to be possible with a profile or a simple plist setting, but Apple deprecated since Ventura
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/devicemanagement/systempreferences
https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-devi...ane-from-system-preferences-on-macos-devices/
You could still try to disable Privacy & Security or Profiles https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-devi...-to-manage-preference-panes-on-macos-ventura/
To open Profiles in Ventura, this wotks
Code:
open x-apple.systempreferences:com.apple.Profiles-Settings.extension
so com.apple.Profiles-Settings.extension is the correct Bundle Identifier.

Reactions: d.richter
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.