Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AkuskaUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Shanklin, Isle Of Wight
Just a quick question; With iOS10 having all these new "features" of the massive emoji's, things such as the massive fireworks and "slam?" effects and the predictive emoji, is there a way to turn these off?

I personally can't stand emoji's or the look of these new effects.

Reactions: PJ.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
At this point in time, there is no way to turn off individual said features.

There are several ongoing threads about iMessage and its new features on the main page. It might be good to peruse the threads, as you could very well find answers to more related questions.

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Just a quick question; With iOS10 having all these new "features" of the massive emoji's, things such as the massive fireworks and "slam?" effects and the predictive emoji, is there a way to turn these off?

I personally can't stand emoji's or the look of these new effects.
You can get rid of predictive emoji only if you turn off predictive text altogether and you can remove the emoji keyboard if it's installed. The rest of the new effects are user optional, so you can simply not use them. With the exception of the words 'happy birthday' and 'congratulations' which for some reason Apple chose to trigger full screen effects. You can avoid this simply by adding additional text like a persons name

Creek0512

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2012
The new keyboard makes using the flag emoji when discussing the Copa America and Euros infinitely easier. I like how if you don't hit space after the word, the emoji replaces the word, and after you hit space it leaves the emoji suggestion there to add after the word.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.