Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
I have our family sharing set up with myself as the head of household, my wife as an adult (not parent/guardian) and our two kids accounts. Whenever my 12 year old daughter requests something, both my wife and I get the approval request notifications. I'm the one who always approves or declines the purchases, so I want to stop my wife's phone from getting the notification, but I cannot figure out how to turn off the notifications on her phone. The really annoying part is they ring with whatever you have selected as the text message tone, so my wife constantly thinks she's getting text messages.

There is nothing in the Notification section in settings for Family Share, and I've already double checked to make sure she's not set to Parent/Gaurdian.

Any ideas?

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2014
England
If you do it via your iPhone, go into iCloud, on the family member - select the member, then turn off parent/guardian and then they wont see notifications to approve.

Last edited:

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
I already did that. I turned off the Parent/Gaurdian setting on my phone, for my wife's account, and she's still getting the notifications.

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
I was thinking about trying that. Will test it out, and report back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.