Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2006
My keyboard is busted and typing spastic keys. I would send it to apple, but I need it this week for a school project, and I was wondering if there's a way to disable the internal keyboard when an external one is connected with freeware/shareware. I'd disconnect it, but I'd rather not screw with the internal workings of my ibook before I send it to apple.

Is there any way to ignore the internal keyboard?

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
My keyboard is busted and typing spastic keys. I would send it to apple, but I need it this week for a school project, and I was wondering if there's a way to disable the internal keyboard when an external one is connected with freeware/shareware. I'd disconnect it, but I'd rather not screw with the internal workings of my ibook before I send it to apple.

Is there any way to ignore the internal keyboard?

Don't type on it? If you have an external hooked up... why would you type on the internal anyway?

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2006
Don't type on it? If you have an external hooked up... why would you type on the internal anyway?

I guess i should have been more clear. When I said it types spastically, I meant that it types random stuff including modifier keys that fool with what I'm doing on screen. That and it rapidly presses the command keys, always opening a new tab whenever I click a link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.