Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Graphically

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2020
Whenever I plug my iPhone into my Mac, OS X gives the message: "iPhone Software Update iOs 13.6 is available for your iPhone".

How do I disable this message from popping up (on my Mac), without updating my iPhone software?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Whenever I plug my iPhone into my Mac, OS X gives the message: "iPhone Software Update iOs 13.6 is available for your iPhone".

How do I disable this message from popping up (on my Mac), without updating my iPhone software?
I only see that when I open iTunes and have the phone plugged in. What version of OS X are you running?

Graphically

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2020
Must be new with Catalina so I'm sure there's nothing you can do about the notification. Apple seems to have found a new way to pester people to update there iPhone/iPads..

If it's new, it's either new with the 10.15.6 update last week, or with my new iPhone SE. A friend with the iPhone SE that they've had for a couple of months doesn't get this issue.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
iTunes had a checkbox which allowed the user to Think Different, and ignore the latest update, even if was unintuitively confirmed via the Cancel button, in a dialog geared toward convincing the user to update, or at the least download the payload.

It wouldn't be surprising if Catalina didn't offer a similar mechanism, since Apple is deprecating them everywhere.

Graphically

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2020
Thanks, searching for it now, but can't see it. I don't remember ever needing to check that in iTunes previously to be honest, but I may have forgotten. As I say, this has only started happening since I got the new phone /or 10.15.6, which both happened this week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.