Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lanceuppercut47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Just noticed this behaviour this morning, I had raise to wake disabled to see if I could live with it and how much more battery it could save, however I noticed my Wayfinder face didn't switch out of night mode until I clicked the crown and woke it.

Is this the expected behaviour as that's quite annoying for me if the light sensor can't work until the watch is awakened.

Running watchOS 10.3.1 if that makes any difference.

Thirio2

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2019
Maryville, IL
I hate night mode on my U2, but have not found a way to turn it off. Just noticed raise to wake was off. I just turned it on so will see tonight if that works.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Just noticed this behaviour this morning, I had raise to wake disabled to see if I could live with it and how much more battery it could save [snip]
I disabled just about every single functionality of my AW, only to find that it hardly saves 1-2 % battery power.
YMMV

lanceuppercut47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
I disabled just about every single functionality of my AW, only to find that it hardly saves 1-2 % battery power.
YMMV
For me at least, turning off raise to wake is the difference between having around 60% charge vs 75% charge 24 hours after taking it off the charger, which is pretty much another day's use.

I could turn off things like AoD but I like being able to glance at the time. I should probably turn off raise to speak for Siri, that works very rarely for me.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
For me at least, turning off raise to wake is the difference between having around 60% charge vs 75% charge 24 hours after taking it off the charger, which is pretty much another day's use.

I could turn off things like AoD but I like being able to glance at the time. I should probably turn off raise to speak for Siri, that works very rarely for me.
You probably have a different schedule than me, so good for you!
I do my workouts in the morning, which drains my battery down to 50% by 9AM already.

lanceuppercut47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
You probably have a different schedule than me, so good for you!
I do my workouts in the morning, which drains my battery down to 50% by 9AM already.
Regardless of schedule, after 24 hours, the end result is the same if I did workouts in the morning or afternoon, no?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.