Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
UK
I have just received a Defiant dark brown strap for use with Apple Watch Ultra. Very disappointed

1. The long part of strap barely reaches the first of the two loops to keep the free end tidy. This is using the second to last hole. If you need the last hole it will be worse. See Photo.

2. The fastening method is fiddly and comes undone too easily.

3. The lugs are a poor fit in the watch body and move around. See Photo

4. The strap is unreturnable because (obviously) I had broken the packet seal and it is apparently classed a non returnable wearable so normal distance buying doesn't apply.... apparently.

Needless to say I do not recommend this strap or the Watch Strap Company.

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 13.32.59.png
Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 13.38.11.png

Last edited:
Reactions: the future

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
4. The strap is unreturnable because (obviously) I had broken the packet seal and it is apparently classed a non returnable wearable so normal distance buying doesn't apply.... apparently.

I wouldn't give up so easily. This isn't an "Oh, I changed my mind about the color after wearing it for a week" kind of return. This is a return due to poor workmanship of the product which you can demonstrate to them. If they don't accept a return for that, then I'd leave them a very public, poor review, as that is a crappy way to do business. And don't let some low-level person brush you off. Insist on speaking to someone who has the final say in the matter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.