Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I was reading a post in the iPad section with a member complaining that he is disappointed with every version of iOS that comes out. Crap, I still don't know/use every feature available. I didn't want to start a war there so I'm just venting.... that people are too quick to berate the system that we use all day every day with few problems. Maybe they could write a better system and take over the world.
Maybe I should do a poll here, but the negative folks would mainly be the ones to reply I fear.
Sure, there could be improvements, but disappointed? Well I'm not. I'm damn happy to have it.
Rant over.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
It's easy to pick up fairly quickly on the ones that really don't have much to contribute outside of negative posts and it is those that should be easily dismissed although sometimes it is laborious to do so.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
If someone is consistently disappointed with iOS, they should switch to Android or Windows Phone- and take their complaining to forums dedicated to their new OS of choice.

rrl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2009
I bet Jennifer Lawrence is pretty disappointed with iOS and its infrastructure. Maybe even enough to sue.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
I bet Jennifer Lawrence is pretty disappointed with iOS and its infrastructure. Maybe even enough to sue.

Public figures like her should not take/leave pictures of themselves naked on their phones or computers (assuming the pictures are genuine and not photo shopped). No computer or phone is completely safe from hacking, especially if the hacker manages to get physical access.

Sometimes I think the hackers should work for the NSA.

rrl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2009
Public figures like her should not take/leave pictures of themselves naked on their phones or computers (assuming the pictures are genuine and not photo shopped). No computer or phone is completely safe from hacking, especially if the hacker manages to get physical access.

Sometimes I think the hackers should work for the NSA.

Don't you think you should actually read the news first before your Apple apology?

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
Even with the recent celebrity leak, for the most part iOS and Apple's systems are remarkably secure compared to the competition.

And yes. There are people on these forums who literally do nothing but whine, whine, and whine. They are offended that Apple has not crafted the iPhone/ipad/etc. solely to meet their personal preferences.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
OP here's the problem. There are some people that like to bi...er...complain regardless of what Apple or whosoever does. Think about it this way. So if Apple has 300 million users and even 10 million of those are unhappy, that's about 3.3% of their overall market. Majority are happy or at least fake it enough to live by. You can't please them all. People like me are satisfied with every iteration of iOS as it adds features that we all wished for years ago. Only time I would really ever complain is if something is broken or doesn't work as intended.

FotoDirk

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
A lot of people have a problem with anything that changes. You see that a lot on all sort of forums.

In the iOS forum when iOS6 came out, people are complaining that iOS5 was better. And then when iOS7 saw the daylight they started complaining that iOS6 was better. So most likely you will soon see posts that iOS7 is way better then iOS8.

I have seen this for camera's as well. When Canon introduced the 5D mark II, there where posts that the mark I was better. And a few years later the same people complained that the mark III was no worth it, better stick with the mark II...

Especially when you cannot upgrade. For instance those that have an iPhone4 so they cannot upgrade to iOS8 later. A lot of those people will find reasons why iOS8 is not better and so justify that they still have the best system running.

drogba

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2014
I was reading a post in the iPad section with a member complaining that he is disappointed with every version of iOS that comes out. Crap, I still don't know/use every feature available. I didn't want to start a war there so I'm just venting.... that people are too quick to berate the system that we use all day every day with few problems. Maybe they could write a better system and take over the world.
Maybe I should do a poll here, but the negative folks would mainly be the ones to reply I fear.
Sure, there could be improvements, but disappointed? Well I'm not. I'm damn happy to have it.
Rant over.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, man. Let it go. And by the same token, some people are apologists/loyalists to apple and certain brands in general for whatever reason. Not saying you are, but perhaps this fella just expects a lot more than he's getting. I mean yeah it's silly he keeps trying it out and hoping for something that won't come, but why should that bother you? If you're happy, be happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.