Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shujin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
My hard drive went on my macbook. I had a disc in the drive. Now it will not let me get the disc out. How do I do this or am I screwed?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
When you start up the computer, hold down the button on your trackpad, that should force the mechanism to eject the disc. Beyond that, a trip to the Apple Store would be warrented, as the disc may be slightly warped and unable to make it out of the slot, without some manual tweaking.

TEG

myuserid08

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
I had the same problem with my iMac, I had to take it to the apple store where they removed the superdrive and forced the disc out. Turned out to be a faulty logicboard.
Hope yours is still under warranty, could be expensive :eek:

shujin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
I have a feeling that it is a faulty logic board. The screen broke on it back in october. It still worked but soon the HD went. I really think it is the logic board. I might just stick it back in the closet and forget about it. Damn I really miss that computer. Maybe I should have bought another one instead of an Imac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.