Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kup

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2005
Earth
Hi, I have a quick stupid question. Once you discharge your battery like the battery replacement instructions ask, how do you remove the battery? Is it safe to remove it while the computer is sleeping? Is there a way to turn the computer off from sleep mode once a battery has been completely drained? :confused:
I usually plug the power cord back in once a battery has been drained, so I've never had to do this before. Any help would be much appreciated.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
well I know on my powerbook I can swop a battery while it's sleeping. I imagine the easiest way to go is to shut your macbook, make sure the sleep light is one and then just swop your battery and be on your way.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I just plugged it in and immediately popped the old battery out and the new one in. But the PB should support hot swapping of batteries, so you should be able to do it without plugging it in. But to be on the safe side, I plug mine in when I swap. The amount of juice you'll add to the discharged battery in the few seconds before you pop it out is almost nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.