Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 14, 2008
UK
Does anyone know how to access Discord servers using Safari?

I don't really want to download the app on my iPad, prefer to use the browser version.
The website loads fine, but as soon as I select a server, I get an error 'Safari cannot locate'.

IMG_0165.jpeg

Last edited:

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 14, 2008
UK
I didn't actually realise you could install Firefox or Chrome in iPadOS 🥴

In Firefox I get further, but pressing OK does nothing.

IMG_0167.jpeg

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 14, 2008
UK
After installing the Discord app and creating an account, it works fine.
The link from Firefox opens the app.....👍

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
After installing the Discord app and creating an account, it works fine.
The link from Firefox opens the app.....👍
Just curious, does it work on Safari, too? I think they still running WebKit but disguised.

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 14, 2008
UK
Just curious, does it work on Safari, too? I think they still running WebKit but disguised.
With Safari it didn't bring up the 'open in app' dialog, it just sat there.
With Firefox it did.

BUT in retrospect, I needed the app installed either way, which works fine once you setup an account.

However....it was short lived, as I don't usually do social networking. After my initial viewing of the server, I REALLY don't like Discord, so account closed.....😆

bad_robot

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2019
I ran into a similar issue trying to access Discord servers through Safari on my iPad. It was frustrating not being able to join some servers because of the 'Safari cannot locate' error. However, I found a workaround by visiting a Discord Advertising Site which listed various servers that were accessible. One of my favorites is ~Z Server MP, a survival multi-player server for Minecraft. It also covers other games like TF2 and CnCNet, providing a diverse gaming experience. The server is committed to delivering the best experience possible while maintaining a small community vibe, which I really enjoy.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.