Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.Heisenberg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2023
Equipment: MacBook Pro
MacOS: Monterrey

Dear colleagues, I would like to ask if any of you have experience of having dealt with this or similar problem and what alternative or possible solution you recommend.
It has been happening to me for a while, but the most noticeable change happened to me a few days ago when when deleting more than 50GB Approx. Note that the “Disk Utilities” indicator bar had no impact on it.

However, if I proceed to look at “About this MAC” > “Storage” there I can see the total available disk space.

And I tried restarting the SMC and PRAM, NVRAM and I had no changes when carrying out these processes.
Can anyone tell me what solution I can have in this regard without updating my MacOS?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-11 at 17.42.10.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-11 at 17.42.10.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 70

TriciaMacMillan

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2021
How do you delete files? If you delete them via Finder, they will be moved to trash, where they stay until trash is emptied.

Mr.Heisenberg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2023
How do you delete files? If you delete them via Finder, they will be moved to trash, where they stay until trash is emptied.
Dear, the trash can is empty! That's why I'm asking what other alternative I can do. I use Cleanmymac and still the free space is not updated.

Mr.Heisenberg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2023
I found the solution! The problem was TimeMachine!
running the command in terminal:

tmutil listlocalsnapshots /

sudo tmutil deletelocalsnapshots "2023-12-11-123740"

I was able to solve the problem of the displayed space!

• Haha
Reactions: crjackson2134
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.