Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PCsucks

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
iam getting a macbook soon and i want to ask whats on the disks that comes with it

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
OS X, iLife, a trial of iWork, and possibly a trial of MS Office (I don't remember whether this is still included or not).

PCsucks

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
OS X, iLife, a trial of iWork, and possibly a trial of MS Office (I don't remember whether this is still included or not).

OS X i dont understand doesnt it already come with lepord on it

csista

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2007
I getting the MacBok today, and I have a quick question. Can I use the iLife and Leopard disks to install both programs on my Mac Pro that is currently without either? I don' need iLife '08 so it's no big loss, but it'll save me some cash to move the Mac Pro up to Leopard.

Pacer69

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2008
I getting the MacBok today, and I have a quick question. Can I use the iLife and Leopard disks to install both programs on my Mac Pro that is currently without either? I don' need iLife '08 so it's no big loss, but it'll save me some cash to move the Mac Pro up to Leopard.

Nope. The Leopard disks that came with your MB will only install on an MB. You might be able to use Pacifist to pull out iLife. Maybe.

SeanEE89

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
VA, United States
I only recieved the two discs for installing the OS and the Drivers. I think they Include iLife in them now because I did recieve iLife with my system. I bought mine this past Thursday and I love it =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.