Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ledzep1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
Hi

I and a fair few others that have noticed this issue where by the Disney app UI gets locked into the last played content, for example If I have my Apple TV set to 4kSDR @50hz (UK here), when I open Disney app and play content in dolby vision, once I go back to Disney UI, it stays fixed in dolby vision and whatever the framerate of the movie was.
This makes the UI very laggy to browse content.

Force quitting the app fixes issue.

2-3 months back the Disney app matched/switched range and framerate perfectly fine now it doesn't. Where is gets locked into the UI is the most annoying thing due to making it laggy.

This has been happening for months, other users have reported it in UK, Im interested if other people have noticed this issue, and also if it happens in the US or other countries.

Thanks

ledzep1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
Yes, sadly, well known issue which Disney seem to be unable to fix. Massive thread on AVForums about it.

Yeah Im trying to highlight it a bit more, seems like either no one else has the issue or no one cares enough/notices which the latter can't be the case as its a really annoying issue.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
It's annoying, and not how we all think it should work, but I've kinda started to tolerate it, because If you (either accidentally, or on purpose) drop to the menu, and go back to watching the same episode, or even the next episode of the same show, you don't have to deal with the drop out that happens when the signal changes dynamic range or rate.

I've not noticed a lag in the menus, but I usually don't navigate a bunch in that app.

Reactions: ledzep1

B/D

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2016
Yes, sadly, well known issue which Disney seem to be unable to fix. Massive thread on AVForums about it.

Been broken for months now after been working correctly for years. Oh well. They broke it, they can fix it.

It´s happening worldwide because it´s a problem with the app itself (I´m from Spain).

Reactions: ledzep1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.