Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mboundary

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2019
Do you think Disney+ will be installed on 3rd gen Apple TVs, much like the Amazon Prime app, or will it be confined to 4th gen and above? Every press release I can find just states "coming to Apple TV."

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
Do you think Disney+ will be installed on 3rd gen Apple TVs, much like the Amazon Prime app, or will it be confined to 4th gen and above?

I would guess tvOS ATVs only.

Every press release I can find just states "coming to Apple TV."
But, this brings up a good point.

In 2017, Tim Cook announced that Prime Video would be on "all Apple TV" later in the year, I brought up a similar question on this forum thinking at Prime Video might be on the ATV3, and there was plenty of posts saying that the ATV3 would not get Prime Video, which end up not being true of course, as the ATV3 has Prime Video.

I would say that a difference this time is that I think Apple still sold the ATV3 at that point for $69 in the US, which now, I am pretty sure that Apple no longer sells that ATV3.

Aidoneus

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2009
Potentially if it’s an Apple TV Channel, as the TV App is available on the 3rd gen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.