Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abhigenie92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2018
  • I have a display bug, whereby some parts of screen are very bright light blue color. Has anyone noticed that, I couldn't find it anywhere.
  • It replaces some shades of black with light blue. Top and right-hand side window borders with light blue too.
  • It happens in both light and dark mode.
  • After entering password on login screen, at the end of loading bar, the whole screen flashes different colors of blue very fast.
On connecting it to a external display it seems to work fine on both laptop screen and external display.

Version: 18A314k
Model: 2017 Pro

I sent a message on the feedback also.
Thanks, :)

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Sounds like a likely hardware (monitor) problem and NOT macOS or software if it displays correctly on other monitors. Also since it is Mac Pro (trash can???) you probably use a 3ed party monitor so it is likely not an Apple issue at all.

Also what do you mean by "works fine on...laptop screen"? How are you hooking your Mac Pro to a laptop display?

dcmaccam

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2017
West Coast of Scotland
I think he has a MacBook Pro and the problem is only happening when not hooked up to an external display. When he connects an external display and is using both screens its OK

abhigenie92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2018
mojave.jpg
In above, notice the Tab names in top-left corners.
yvakMZx

Thanks for the responses
- I have a Macbook Pro.
- I don't think it is a hardware issue as it didn't happen in High Sierra.
- The problem happens only when not connected to external display. On connecting to external display, my laptop screen also works fine, which is weird.

- Just to add, I just got my laptop repaired from AppleCare. And, my display is brand-new and worked perfectly fine on High Sierra after repair.
:)

Last edited:

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Thanks for the responses!
- I have a Macbook Pro.
- I don't think it is a hardware issue as it didn't happen in High Sierra.
- The problem happens only when not connected to external display. On connecting to external display, my laptop screen also works fine, which is weird.

- Just to add, I just got my laptop repaired from AppleCare. And, my display is brand-new and worked perfectly fine on High Sierra after repair.
:)

So, just take it back to them! What are you waiting for?

Also, do remember that this is beta software we are talking about in macOS Mojave, so as such, taking it back to repair, they will first reinstall the release version back, and if that solves the issue, they will hand it back to you as it is.

At this time, all you can reasonably do is just what you did - file bug report.

abhigenie92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2018
@macintoshmac I have a backup of High-Sierra, so I can restore that and it should work fine.
If this issue had an easy fix, so if the next update of beta is sooner I can wait a bit before doing that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.