Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonracer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
I sure hope someone can help me with this. I'm not sure if this method is the best way to get the result I'm looking for.

This script was working for me for some time but stopped recently. I've had to modify it from time to time due to it pulling the wrong filename. It is now pulling the wrong wallpaper filename.

Basically, this script within Geektool, used to display the filename of the currently displayed wallpaper. I collect walls and have over 2K of them which display randomly. Some wallpapers aren't of the correct resolution or after seeing one I decide I don't like it, I could use this script to see the filename and go hunt it down to remove. I put this script together by grabbing code from several places on the web.

I wish there was another way to pull the info as the plist file changes and also contains multiple wallpaper entries.

Would someone mind taking a look at this script and tell me how to get it working and working reliably?

I do have a post under Mac Programming but that thread is about a year old and I thought that UI Customizations would be a better place to make this request.

Code:
defaults read com.apple.desktop Background |grep -m 2 LastName | tail -n 1 | awk '{print $3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10}' | sed -e 's/;//g' | sed -e 's/"//g'

Kindest Regards,
MR

moonracer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
No response out of 150+ views. I wonder if I should remove this thread and post in another, more appropriate one?

mr

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.