Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark2288

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
I'm seeing this intermittent issue on my iPad Pro (1st generation) device. There has been times where it goes away for months but recently it's come up again. Not software-related so I'm guessing I need to replace the whole display? Has anyone seen this before? How much do you think it'll cost to repair? Planing to take it to the Genius Bar this month.

Cheers and thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1443 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1443 Large.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1442 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1442 Large.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: Mrs. Jobs

Jamacfer

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2015
京都市
On my iPad Pro 11” (2021) I have had the same problem for 3 months (in my case it never disappears). In fact, a vertical line appeared on the left side of the display with a very small purple dot at the bottom. I took the iPad to the Apple Store where they confirmed that it is a hardware problem and that the whole display needs to be replaced (very expensive without Apple Care). I therefore decided to wait and purchase the next new model as soon as it comes out.

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
I have this on my old iPad 2, a green vertical line, there is nothing to do... but at least it didn't get worse
On my 9.7 pro it started like a line and developed into many lines and a pulsating black spot, making it basically unusable....

lewchenko

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2004
On the Apple support site for your iPad you can get a quote for repairing / replacing the screen. In the UK for the original 11” iPad Pro it’s an eye watering £529. But the cost of a new iPad Pro now starts at £900 or £670 for an Air.
My 2018 11” iPad Pro has a bad cracked up screen and no more Apple Care. :-( No good options at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.