Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Attackapan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
Sweden
Hello everyone!

I’ve had my iPhone 7+ since it launched in 2016 and have been generally pleased with it. However I just recently noticed something strange with my display.

If I look at the upper left corner the display seems somewhat warped or distorted at the edges/bezels. And if I look closer with a white background it looks like the display has begun to separate from the glass. Has anyone else experienced this?

Its hard to describe but I dont have access to any other camera at the moment but it almost looks like airbubbles/airgaps when you apply a screenprotector. I’ll try to provide an image later.

Attackapan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
Sweden
Here’s a picture. I apologize for the quality. But you can see the 3 ”airbubbles” with a lighter tint and how the corner isn’t completely square.
85C1AD58-27FE-4502-B93C-02D79DAE1E1D.jpeg

Attackapan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
Sweden
Right. Problem is that the closest Apple Store is about 500 miles away but I have a few ’certified Apple retail’ stores closeby that can send the phone to be repaired.

I unfortunately don’t have Apple Care but I’m still somewhat protected by the consumer law in my country. However its up to me to prove that this issue is a manufacturing problem and not a result of external factors such as waterdamage or impact.

So my other question is: Is it likely that this is a manufacturing issue? I can not recall once where my phone has been submerged in water but it has certainly been in contact with it.

jaymulli95

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Right. Problem is that the closest Apple Store is about 500 miles away but I have a few ’certified Apple retail’ stores closeby that can send the phone to be repaired.

I unfortunately don’t have Apple Care but I’m still somewhat protected by the consumer law in my country. However its up to me to prove that this issue is a manufacturing problem and not a result of external factors such as waterdamage or impact.

So my other question is: Is it likely that this is a manufacturing issue? I can not recall once where my phone has been submerged in water but it has certainly been in contact with it.

Looks to me like a manufacturing defect, apple are usually pretty good customer service wise even if they suspected foul play they generally repair it.

They will tell if its water damaged as there are indicators inside the phone that turn red, assuming they haven't been activated then you should have no problems getting it repaired.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.