Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kubo.siska

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Hello, I am experiencing something very strange with my iPhone 6 (iOS 10). It restarts constantly and there seems to be some kind of stripes of different colors as depicted in the attachment. Also, there appeared some text during the system start-up. Can you please help me with this?

Attachments

• IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    996.4 KB · Views: 314

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Did you recently upgrade via iTunes to a IPSW you downloaded yourself? Or did this just start happening?

The text is a kernel panic, much like a KP on a Mac. If you read the first line it tells you why it's panicking. It can't find a driver for your device. Which is why I ask the question I asked above.

If this happened out of the blue you may have a hardware issue with your screen. I'd take it into Apple.

Otherwise, try putting the device in DFU Mode and upgrading/restoring through iTunes (allowing iTunes to download the correct IPSW).

kubo.siska

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Did you recently upgrade via iTunes to a IPSW you downloaded yourself? Or did this just start happening?

The text is a kernel panic, much like a KP on a Mac. If you read the first line it tells you why it's panicking. It can't find a driver for your device. Which is why I ask the question I asked above.

If this happened out of the blue you may have a hardware issue with your screen. I'd take it into Apple.

Otherwise, try putting the device in DFU Mode and upgrading/restoring through iTunes (allowing iTunes to download the correct IPSW).

Hi, thanks for your answer! It just start happening, the iPhone is brand new, I have it for less than a month now. It didn't fall or anything, so I think it might be a hardware issue as you suggested.

kubo.siska

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Do you guys know if there's any way of making a backup? Because now it won't even start, it always freezes while the apple logo is still showing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.