Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brinkeguthrie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2020
I've had my MBP now for four years, and I had it set so it was a light theme until 6pm, then it went dark, until 7am. Now for some reason it doesn't. What are the necessary settings to get this back to the way it was?

Ben J.

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2019
Oslo
In System Settings, above Accessability, below General, the section called "Looks" or "Appearence" or similar (mine has norwegian names, so I'm unsure about english), you should select "Automatic". You might have to switch back and forth to have it stick, I've seen that before.

brinkeguthrie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2020
In System Settings, above Accessability, below General, the section called "Looks" or "Appearence" or similar (mine has norwegian names, so I'm unsure about english), you should select "Automatic". You might have to switch back and forth to have it stick, I've seen that before.
Right, I do that. But it always changed- on the dot- 6pm. Now it's a different time. Is there anyway to make it change at an exact time?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.