Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've got an iBook and have the Energy Saver set to put the display to sleep after 20 minutes or whatever. But I've noticed that if I've got my TV plugged in, when the iBook's display turns off, so does the TV output. How do I stop this from happening?

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
This is how all the PCs/Macs and hanging monitors at your H.S. and some elementaries work with demonstrations and other visuals when the traditional light projector is not being used.

Try switching from Video 1, Video 2, S-Video etc. on your TV or maybe unplug your TV from your computer.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I'm not sure what you're trying to say there, maybe you misunderstood my question. When the iBook display goes to sleep, I want the TV to keep going. Currently if I'm watching a movie for example, the TV will go blank after 20 mins (or whatever it's set to) and I have to move the mouse to make it come back on. Is there any way to stop the TV from going blank, without setting the iBook display sleep to Never?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.