Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyeseeparis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2021
Paris, France
Is it just me or are you also missing the Display zoom with the new iPad mini 6? This accessibility feature is amazing with the iPhone and iPad Pro and I’m really looking forward to using it again on the brand new Mini. What do you reckon?

Reactions: ElectronGuru

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Is it just me or are you also missing the Display zoom with the new iPad mini 6? This accessibility feature is amazing with the iPhone and iPad Pro and I’m really looking forward to using it again on the brand new Mini. What do you reckon?

I don't think this was ever available on the 7.9" - 10.9" iPads. Doubt it's on 11", either.

I believe on 12.9" iPads, it shows the 9.7" layout blown up.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I don't think this was ever available on the 7.9" - 10.9" iPads. Doubt it's on 11", either.

I believe on 12.9" iPads, it shows the 9.7" layout blown up.
Yeah no zoom on my 11.

edit: there is a text size option - is that it?

1633216636167.png

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
They still have a zone zoom, but not full display -- don't know why and I'm not real happy about it.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
They still have a zone zoom, but not full display -- don't know why and I'm not real happy about it.

Because full display zoom for iPads is based off 9.7”. The iPad mini is smaller than 9.7” so it actually features a scaled down UI.

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
Because full display zoom for iPads is based off 9.7”. The iPad mini is smaller than 9.7” so it actually features a scaled down UI.
Maybe that's what it is, but maybe not what it should be. :)

There's a setting to make the icons bigger in the display submenu, but I was looking for zoom the other day because the icon text was too small. They really ought to do something about that. I don't remember my mini 4 having that problem, but it's possible. My eyes are getting older...

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Maybe that's what it is, but maybe not what it should be. :)

There's a setting to make the icons bigger in the display submenu, but I was looking for zoom the other day because the icon text was too small. They really ought to do something about that. I don't remember my mini 4 having that problem, but it's possible. My eyes are getting older...

Have you tried changing Accessibility - Display & Text Size - Larger Text?

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
Have you tried changing Accessibility - Display & Text Size - Larger Text?
Yep, it doesn't effect that text. Or much of anything, as it only changes the text of some things. For example, the email list in mail is changed, but the email body text is unchanged, even if it's just plain text, no html.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Yep, it doesn't effect that text. Or much of anything, as it only changes the text of some things. For example, the email list in mail is changed, but the email body text is unchanged, even if it's just plain text, no html.

I just tried it on my mini 6 and it does change text size on icon labels (very subtle, only becomes obvious on max setting). Email body text, too (HTML email).

Edit:
Just checked some more emails. On some, the body text changes, on others it doesn't. Maybe due to stylesheets or something?

Last edited:

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
I just tried it on my mini 6 and it does change text size on icon labels (very subtle, only becomes obvious on max setting). Email body text, too (HTML email).

Edit:
Just checked some more emails. On some, the body text changes, on others it doesn't. Maybe due to stylesheets or something?
Interesting. Hard to tell, I'll have to look more.

MP39

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2016
I noticed Zoomed Display Zoom feature missing too. I came here to verify I wasn’t missing something. Glad to know I wasn’t. I hope Apple implements this feature on a future iPadOS update for iPad Mini 6.

macphreak2011

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
Yeah, I don’t care for it either. They really do need to fix this on the iPad mini. It makes it hard to use and you can’t really see anything (especially for the widgets). Other than that, I love the iPad mini!

Reactions: athletejmv
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.