Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacobbriggs29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Leeds
Hello MacRumours world!

I'm thinking of getting a refurb'd Mac Pro 5.1 from MacBank and I'm a bit unsure which monitor/display would be best suited! I do music production so I'm a big fan of wide-screen/ultra-wide displays... (Can see more of whats going on!!) but I also need clarity.

The Mac Pro specs are 3.33GHz 6-Core / 32GB RAM / 256GB SSD / 2TB HDD / Quadro 4000 2GB.

I've done a little bit of research before heading over here but I don't want to get one and it have a few issues with compatibility. I've been eyeing up the Asus VC239H and the LG 25UM58-P 25" 21:9 UltraWide.

Any suggestions or help at all greatly appreciated!

js2704

macrumors member
May 20, 2015
Hello MacRumours world!

I'm thinking of getting a refurb'd Mac Pro 5.1 from MacBank and I'm a bit unsure which monitor/display would be best suited! I do music production so I'm a big fan of wide-screen/ultra-wide displays... (Can see more of whats going on!!) but I also need clarity.

The Mac Pro specs are 3.33GHz 6-Core / 32GB RAM / 256GB SSD / 2TB HDD / Quadro 4000 2GB.

I've done a little bit of research before heading over here but I don't want to get one and it have a few issues with compatibility. I've been eyeing up the Asus VC239H and the LG 25UM58-P 25" 21:9 UltraWide.

Any suggestions or help at all greatly appreciated!

The quadro has DisplayPort and DVI connections so the Asus would be fine. If I'm reading the specs right however the LG only has hdmi which would necessitate adapters of some sort, which is best avoided.

Nice 5.1 spec though :)

jacobbriggs29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Leeds
The quadro has DisplayPort and DVI connections so the Asus would be fine. If I'm reading the specs right however the LG only has hdmi which would necessitate adapters of some sort, which is best avoided.

Nice 5.1 spec though :)

Ah thanks for the advice!

I am very tempted by the ultra wide screens but the only one I've found is that with only 3 x HDMI!

Ahh thank you!

Wiltonian

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2016
Nottingham, UK
Ah thanks for the advice!

I am very tempted by the ultra wide screens but the only one I've found is that with only 3 x HDMI!

Ahh thank you!

I'm using a NEC MULTISYNC 29" EA294WMi on my cMP. It's 2560 x 1024, which is shallower than I'd prefer, but it was bought to fit a specific desk. Still very nice, though.

jacobbriggs29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Leeds
I'm using a NEC MULTISYNC 29" EA294WMi on my cMP. It's 2560 x 1024, which is shallower than I'd prefer, but it was bought to fit a specific desk. Still very nice, though.

I'm thinking within a £250- price zone. I'm very much liking the LG monitors! Look slick and nice display too. :)

nigelbb

macrumors 65816
Dec 22, 2012
If you want lots pf screen real estate then I suggest that you increase the budget for the monitor & get a 4K. I found the Philips 40" BDM4065UC for £500 & it's fantastic. This model has been superseded by a 43" model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.