Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sebastian79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
Did anyone encounter distortion in the right speaker. It is noticeable mostly when listening to speech on youtube, not so much with music, and it doesn't have to be loud. I'm guessing it's on a specific range of frequencies. Should I take it to the apple service provider? I've only had the machine for a month.
[doublepost=1503771449][/doublepost]What I'm wondering is... can it be because the youtube videos are themselves distorted and only noticeable when the volume is raised? Or is my MBP speaker really damaged?
[doublepost=1503772994][/doublepost]It sounds like a buzz on all extended vowels like "a" sounds like in "How" "Now"...

Sebastian79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
So I took it to apple and they are replacing the right speaker. I heard somewhere that running windows on bootcamp causes such things. I do not have windows on bootcamp but I do have it running as a virtual machine. Should I remove it in order to prevent such things to happen? I am so disappointed in apple quality nowadays...

Sebastian79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
4 months after having the right speaker replaced, it started distorting the sound again on some frequencies... Very frustrating.

Sebastian79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
I was told by the apple guy that the problem is that I am listening to loud music o_O
Anyways I told him that I usually use Bluetooth speakers, anyway they ordered speaker replacements. Hopefully this time they won't fail again. My warranty expires next month...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.