Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2ms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2002
What is this distributed audio processing feature in LogicPro exactly? Does it mean for example that I could stack a few MiniMacs next to my C2D iMac to have the equivalent of a many times more powerful iMac? Does it require Cat cable or is 8011g just fine? Someone please give me a little insight into this.

theblotted

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2006
Los Angeles
it's basically the "Node" function in Logic.

you can use multiple Mac's, connected via Ethernet, to give more CPU horse power to run Logic.

however, you can only use it on Logic program and its plugins. can't use Node on 3rd party plugins.

so say if you have Waves Linear Phase EQ, which is a CPU hog, you can't use a separate Mac to process the LP EQ. you can, on other hand, distribute whatever plugins Logic is using to other Mac's connected, then you can use host computer to run LP EQ.

IME tho, using Node creates a certain lag or delay in audio; so it's not quite up to snuff.

you can use other progams that can do similar thing. IIRC, it's called Wormhole.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.