Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nikikaly21

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2019
It's a very fun experience to play on the new 11inch iPad Pro. It looks so pretty on the OLED screen too, and the touch controls are very intuitive.

It still runs the device hot and drains the battery, but that's to be expected as that was the performance on last-gen devices.

Still worth it! Especially if you played BG3 and want to have a similar gameplay experience in a mobile and tactile factor. The game so far has been a piece of cake for the M4.

Regulus67

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2023
Värmland, Sweden
Is the trading still buggy? I had to do several attempts before the item(s) would drop in the offer slots. I thought it was impossible when I started playing.
A great game on the iPad Pro 12.9" M1 as well

nikikaly21

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2019
Is the trading still buggy? I had to do several attempts before the item(s) would drop in the offer slots. I thought it was impossible when I started playing.
A great game on the iPad Pro 12.9" M1 as well
I was able to get to Fort Joy on a new character and was able to trade without issue. Not knowing when to tap once (dialogue) or when to tap twice (pick things up) has been a big learning curve though.

Reactions: Regulus67

Camzor

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2008
United States
I’m also pleasantly surprised by how well it runs. I was looking forward to trying this, as I upgraded from a 2018 11” Pro and couldn’t play it there.

My only qualm so far is the way the Magic Keyboard’s trackpad doesn’t appear to work. I hope that’s something that is quickly and easily patched.

Reactions: nikikaly21

Regulus67

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2023
Värmland, Sweden
I was able to get to Fort Joy on a new character and was able to trade without issue. Not knowing when to tap once (dialogue) or when to tap twice (pick things up) has been a big learning curve though.
I learned to save regulary. To be able to restart at a point before I got into a fight where I was overwhelmed. Or I wanted to wait until later, when I would be better prepared.

Sauces

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2024
It loads up great for me, but it seems to not detect my Magic Keyboard trackpad after I click into menus or try to start a campaign. Anyone else having luck using their Magic keyboard to play it more like a PC game?

This worked fine on my previous iPad, but not the new one.

Reactions: Camzor
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.