Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yamawho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Rosemere Qc Canada
I've been looking for one of these for about a month and was not successful in ordering one online in Canada. These are available on the market but all come from the US at 40$ plus shipping and brokerage ...

http://www.123macmini.com/accessories/guide/stands.html

The CinnaMount mini is actually made in Canada but does not mount on the back of an LCD using the VESA mounting holes.

I found an old steel book end today and after drilling a few holes and making one bend, I have a mount

I attached the mount to the bottom two holes here with 4M x 10 screws ...
01310004.jpg

Then mounted the Mini using friction and gravity to keep it in place ...
01310006.jpg

Who knows ... maybe I could market my design.

MiniMount anyone :D

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
I've been looking for one of these for about a month and was not successful in ordering one online in Canada. These are available on the market but all come from the US at 40$ plus shipping and brokerage ...

http://www.123macmini.com/accessories/guide/stands.html

The CinnaMount mini is actually made in Canada but does not mount on the back of an LCD using the VESA mounting holes.

I found an old steel book end today and after drilling a few holes and making one bend, I have a mount

I attached the mount to the bottom two holes here with 4M x 10 screws ...
01310004.jpg

Then mounted the Mini using friction and gravity to keep it in place ...
01310006.jpg

Who knows ... maybe I could market my design.

MiniMount anyone :D

very cool, i like it, i would fund a idea like that :D

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2002
New England
i would be proud to show off my mini. I think this setup is sad. This is something bill gates would do in the privacy of his own home

yamawho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Rosemere Qc Canada
i would be proud to show off my mini. I think this setup is sad. This is something bill gates would do in the privacy of his own home

How did you guess who I was :eek:

This is my 2nd mini, I'm need to move it around and a bracket seems like the best idea ... need to work on the cable management.

Maybe a wireless keyboard and mouse ...

fkntotalkaos

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2007

Why do you hate Imac....

But really, with screen share, and teleport, I use two Mac Mini and love to hide mine. I never use the Optical drive, so some sort of stealth install is what I am after. I only want my Cinema Display and my BT mouse and keyboard visible

greythorne

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
how about heat management behind the LCD? Besides not all LCD will be able to do that like yours.... and cable management with mac mini stinks big time... time to improve on the design of mac mini!!

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
ok some look different , but most have a vesa mount so its i guess no problem to use maybe all 4 vesa mount points and so extend the holder a bit towards the top , use brushed alloy about 3 mm thick and bend it in the same shape just like a " J " sorted
and for the cable mess , basically are only 2 cable needed , one is the power supply and the other depending on the monitor dvi/vga , you get very short ones from dell as they used a similar mount behind their monitors for some of their small desktops

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.