Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Hey all,
I am really interested in learning how to dj and beat match etc. I am running the ibook in my signature. I want to mix with mp3 not vinyls. Can someone recomend me a good but simple program. Also does anyone know of some CHEAP(preferably under $200) mixer or pads that will work with the said program. I think it will be clumsy to scratch and mix with the mouse. Any recomendations will be sweet.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Patmian212 said:
Hey all,
I am really interested in learning how to dj and beat match etc. I am running the ibook in my signature. I want to mix with mp3 not vinyls. Can someone recomend me a good but simple program. Also does anyone know of some CHEAP(preferably under $200) mixer or pads that will work with the said program. I think it will be clumsy to scratch and mix with the mouse. Any recomendations will be sweet.

Unfortunately, mp3 mixing and the work "cheap" don't Mix....(pun :p )

Ideal set up would be Serato Scratch made by RANE...(drool) but it's crazy $$

Next would be Stanton Final scratch, the original program, also $$$$

after that would come Native Instruments Traktor DJ studio versions 2 or 3.

Anything other than those programs will be silly little apps, more for fun than production.

I would recommend trying to find a cheap version of Traktor DJ 2, since they have since moved on to version 3.

They are all tough to learn at first, and none of them are under 200 $.

Good luck.:eek:

beatzfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
NYC
Patmian212 said:
Hey all,
I Also does anyone know of some CHEAP(preferably under $200) mixer or pads that will work with the said program. I think it will be clumsy to scratch and mix with the mouse. Any recomendations will be sweet.

CHEAP, well there's the Hercules Mix Console, I think it comes with software.

Never used it, or know anyone who has.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.