Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
So I just submitted my app for review. I don't know if I should publicly disclose this yet, but there is a minor bug in it. My app displays content in UITextViews. However, I left the "Editable" checkbox in each text view checked, thinking I'd just fix it using code. Bad idea, I know. I submitted it without even thinking about that problem. Do you think they'll approve it? I suppose what's more important is whether the user will get frustrated. Here's the thing: They can dismiss the keyboard, and if they accidentally erase something, reloading the page will bring whatever they erased back. If it turns out to be so big a problem that a user will likely complain about it, then I'll definitely fix it.

This little thing is kind of worrying me. I hope I have no good reason to be.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
I've had a couple of apps with major bugs approved. Had to pull them after getting emails from customers.. I've also purchased a few apps or got updates that crashed on launch. Even though magnitudes easier than developing for Android, iOS testing all an apps function on all the OS+device combinations is still a bit of a pain. Apple may only doing some spot checks.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Update: The app has been approved and will be in the App Store soon. I take it this means that bug went unnoticed. I don't think it's such a big deal, as the users can't modify the content, just the text views.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.