Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Serge88

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2008
I just find out that I have the education discount on Apple products, I bought Logic Pro app with other software for education. My order looks like this,

Order placed
Processing...
Prepare to ship
Shipped
Delivered

What can I expect ? A bunch of CD to install ?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I'll guess that it has been some time since you last bought computer apps :cool:
No, you paid for Logic Pro app, so you will get a link to use to download the installer.
The "Delivered" should mean that Apple sent you a download link in an email, (check your email for one from Apple!)
Clicking that will begin the download, or take you to a download page, probably on the App Store on your Mac. Follow the steps to download and install.

Reactions: MBAir2010

Serge88

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2008
Ok no need to install my Plextor cd burner. :rolleyes:

Yes you're right here's the email I just got , 1 to 3 days to send an email. :oops:

Items to be Shipped​

Shipment 1
1-3 business days via email​

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
There must be some processing time, to set up the download for you.
(If you decide that you want all of the synthesized instruments that Apple can provide for Logic Pro - the download can be as much as 95.5GB )

Serge88

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2008
I received a code for the software and went to the App Store, Quick link, Redeem Code and ....

You cannot download this software, you need MACOS 11.5.1

I have a Mac Pro and an iMac and I cannot update to Big Sur. What I can I do to download an older version of my paid software ?

I am not the only one with this problem !

Thanks for your help,

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Here's how to do this...
You already purchased, or redeemed the code that Apple sent you, correct?
Open your App Store.
Click on your acccount (lower left corner of the App Store window)
You should be on the page showing your purchases, and if you have already purchased Logic Pro, look for it in your purchases - Don't go to the app's page, just click on the "cloud" download icon on that purchases screen. It will "think" for a moment, then should show a window "Download an older version of Logic Pro?...", and you should see a download button which will download an older version of Logic Pro.

Serge88

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2008
You already purchased, or redeemed the code that Apple sent you, correct?
No, that's the problem, I tried to redeem the code but it didn't work. It says, "You cannot download this software you need MACOS 11.5.1." I found a solution, I need a mac with Big Sur and log in the App Store with my account and redeem the code.

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
But then how will you install to your Mac.
The Mac with BS will download the BS compatible version and install.
I don't think it will give you an actual installer file to copy somewhere else, it will just install from the App Store.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I think you can purchase the software without downloading it... Did you look in your Purchased page to see if the code was accepted, and Logic Pro shows on that Purchased page with other apps that you may have purchased in the past? You would go to that page to download anyway -- I think that Purchased page is the only way to download older versions.
As MarkC426 says, you don't want the newer version anyway, but perhaps your purchase is already accepted, and it shows on your Purchased page.

Reactions: MarkC426

Serge88

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2008
Problem solved ! I used the App Store on my iPad, I entered the redeem code and it says. "Thank for your purchase..." went back to my mac, App Store, Purchased and click on download Logic, "Do you want to download an older version?"

Thanks Delta and Mark.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.