Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevcube

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2020
No, you don't automatically get the card. You have to request it in the wallet app once you've been approved. It's free to have it shipped to you though.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
No, you don't automatically get the card. You have to request it in the wallet app once you've been approved. It's free to have it shipped to you though.

Hmm interesting.

Do you need to request the card or is it possible to use easily without having the physical card ?

kevcube

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2020
Hmm interesting.

Do you need to request the card or is it possible to use easily without having the physical card ?
I have swiped my card like a total of 2 times after having it for 9+ months. So yeah, you probably don't need it. But it's so cooooooool haha

Also the card has no numbers on it, so for online purchases and stuff you'll get the card number out of the wallet app anyway if they don't accept Apple Pay. The card is really only useful for restaurants where they don't take apple pay

Reactions: max2

remington79

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2020
Mine came through UPS. I’ve used the card just as much as with Apple Pay. The grocery stores near me don’t take Apple Pay or even contactless at all unless you use their store app.
Some stores and restaurants do and some don’t. What’s interesting is the stand alone drive up to hut where you can buy 20 pound bags of ice now takes Apple Pay. Everywhere else in town it’s 50/50 so it’s good to have the card.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Mine came through UPS. I’ve used the card just as much as with Apple Pay. The grocery stores near me don’t take Apple Pay or even contactless at all unless you use their store app.
Some stores and restaurants do and some don’t. What’s interesting is the stand alone drive up to hut where you can buy 20 pound bags of ice now takes Apple Pay. Everywhere else in town it’s 50/50 so it’s good to have the card.
By the way, there are plenty of other physical credit cards you can get that offer more than 1% cash back when using the physical card.

My physical Apple Card stays at home, because if I'm buying somewhere that doesn't accept Apple Pay I want to get more than 1%. (1.5-2% in my case depending on the vendor.)

remington79

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2020
By the way, there are plenty of other physical credit cards you can get that offer more than 1% cash back when using the physical card.

My physical Apple Card stays at home, because if I'm buying somewhere that doesn't accept Apple Pay I want to get more than 1%. (1.5-2% in my case depending on the vendor.)
I don’t mind it. I have one other but it’s only 1.5% cash back. I don’t care about travel miles. I prefer to drive. Especially since over the last 20 years flying has really lost its charm. Between security and the ever shrinking leg room the addition of bag fees and now having to wear masks. Thanks but no thanks.
I’m going to wait before I try to look for a higher cash card so my age of credit doesn’t take a ding. For the most part I’ve been happy with my card even if it’s just 1%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.