Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sd13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Can i use the power support crystal screen protector with the zagg rear shield? Or is it better to use the screen shield that comes with it?

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I'm not clear what you're asking. If you mean—do you need to remove the screen on the glass to install the back IS, then no.

sd13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
the invisibleshield comes with a front piece and a back piece. i have a screen protector on my phone right now. should i remove my screen protector and install the one that comes with the invisibleshield? or should i keep my current screen protector and just install the back part?

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
As per my signature, i have a Power support anti glare with an Invisible shield on the back. Its fine, you don't need to use both the front and the back of the IS.

I prefer to use screen protectors on the front of my iPhone because they are easy to replace if they get scratched compared to an IS, and i've heard about an orange peel effect on the front IS's.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I'd go with what he said. I had the IS on my last iphone (front) and it's a great product. The material sticks to the glass well and it near indestructible. It is however, pretty tacky. You get used to it, but when you feel a glass phone or crystal shield... night and day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.