Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Do not want to install the beta so question is, so do incoming calls still take over the whole screen in iOS 13? Even if another app is running?

EDIT: delete thread, just saw another one addressing it already

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Sadly it is still taking up the entire screen. One improvement is that if iOS thinks it’s spam, it will be delivered silently and you’ll get just a missed call notification. It’s worked well for me so far. I get tons of spam calls.

It’s going to be tough though because detecting if a call is spam or not is not an exact science so it will be interesting to see fail rates.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
What a shame, but still time to change it. This is sadly one of my biggest annoyances, depending on who is calling I don’t like to let them know I’m ignoring there call by sending it to voicemail;)

asu1996

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2013
Sadly it is still taking up the entire screen. One improvement is that if iOS thinks it’s spam, it will be delivered silently and you’ll get just a missed call notification. It’s worked well for me so far. I get tons of spam calls.

It’s going to be tough though because detecting if a call is spam or not is not an exact science so it will be interesting to see fail rates.

So it doesn’t let us manually send it to voicemail? I read somewhere that it flags it as a contact from our contact list or from messages, emails, etc. that seems to tell me that lots of calls will get sent to voicemail. Am I missing something here?

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
So it doesn’t let us manually send it to voicemail? I read somewhere that it flags it as a contact from our contact list or from messages, emails, etc. that seems to tell me that lots of calls will get sent to voicemail. Am I missing something here?
Well in theory if someone important was trying to get a hold of you they would leave you a voicemail. Most spam/robot calls I’ve received rarely leave a voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.