Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yoms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2016
Hi,

Is it possible to enable Do Not Disturb except for one specific app for which I want to receive the notifications?

Or is there another app on the store that can handle this?

Thanks.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
No app In App Store can handle DND, and you cannot allow one app notification to go through while all other apps are muted, even in iOS 13.
Instead, I suggest you to take down notifications of any app you don’t use that much or bombards you with notification.

Yoms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2016
No app In App Store can handle DND, and you cannot allow one app notification to go through while all other apps are muted, even in iOS 13.
Instead, I suggest you to take down notifications of any app you don’t use that much or bombards you with notification.

Argh... that's what I feared. But I think it would be really useful. I must wake up during my night upon reception of a certain notification coming from a professional app. But all those people texting and stuff at 1am or later...

Deactivating notifications supposes that I reactivate them each morning. Not too friendly...

Thanks for replying though.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Argh... that's what I feared. But I think it would be really useful. I must wake up during my night upon reception of a certain notification coming from a professional app. But all those people texting and stuff at 1am or later...

Deactivating notifications supposes that I reactivate them each morning. Not too friendly...

Thanks for replying though.
People are calling for better DND for a while now. But as Apple, expect them to take years to add this feature if they ever think it is a good one to implement. 12 years for dark mode and volume hud, you get the idea.

Reactions: Hi Tek
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.