Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBozz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2004
NW UK
I have set up a timed Do Not Disturb regime but I want calls from any favourites to bypass the restriction.

However, Do Not Disturb seems to be total (whether timed or set manually) and my favourites are not getting through.

I have "turned it off and on again" both for the iPhone and the setting and I have done a hard reset, all to no avail.

How can i get Do Not Disturb set up yet allow anyone marked as a favourite to get through? To the best of my knowledge (admittedly limited as it is my first ever smartphone) I have set all the correct toggle switches.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone SE 2020 256GB under iOS13.5.1

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have set up a timed Do Not Disturb regime but I want calls from any favourites to bypass the restriction.

However, Do Not Disturb seems to be total (whether timed or set manually) and my favourites are not getting through.

I have "turned it off and on again" both for the iPhone and the setting and I have done a hard reset, all to no avail.

How can i get Do Not Disturb set up yet allow anyone marked as a favourite to get through? To the best of my knowledge (admittedly limited as it is my first ever smartphone) I have set all the correct toggle switches.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone SE 2020 256GB under iOS13.5.1
Just to confirm, in Settings > Do Not Disturb you have Allow Calls From set to Favorites? And in the Phone app you have various favorites set up with the particular phone number they would be calling from?

iBozz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2004
NW UK
Hi, CD M

Yes, Settings > Do Not Disturb has Allow Calls from Favourites enabled. I have tried the "qualifier" to that by selecting Favourites in the top section and then by setting up a Group and selecting it in the bottom section - neither worked.

Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 11.24.26 am.jpg

[automerge]1592994604[/automerge]
Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 11.25.31 am.jpg

iBozz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2004
NW UK
Apologies, I forgot to mention that yes [I think] I do have the favourites marked as such.

They appear in my Contacts with a grey star alongside the relevant number.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi, CD M

Yes, Settings > Do Not Disturb has Allow Calls from Favourites enabled. I have tried the "qualifier" to that by selecting Favourites in the top section and then by setting up a Group and selecting it in the bottom section - neither worked.

View attachment 927075
[automerge]1592994604[/automerge]
View attachment 927076
This is kind of an odd one. I actually even experimented a bit having things set up the same way just to make sure calls from a favorite are coming through and it worked fine on my device.

Perhaps doing some disabling/re-enabling might help, in the sense of sort of "resetting" things? Maybe even down to deselcting favorites and selecting them as favorites again? (That's of course not counting just restarting the device itself which can sometimes help with odd issues, if that hasn't been already tried.)

I wonder if you might also try experimenting a bit with trying to select All Contacts just to see if that makes a difference (even if that's not what you ultimately would want to use), and/or perhaps with repeated calls, also just to see if that might play a difference if you call a couple of times in a short period of time. At least to see if Do Not Disturb bypass settings are working in any capacity at all for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.