Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ramses2005

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Colombia
hello guys, Inwantes to know if do not disturb while driving is working for you when it is set in Automatic. It is not working for me. Not even when im driving over 45mi/h.

Also,
My car has bluetooth but I think it’s just a generic, it is anything as fancy as apple carplay or that stuff, so I was wondering: how can my phone recognize my car instead of a normal bluetooth speaker? And if I can be setup to recognice my car and thn activate do not disturb while driving

Thanks!

Last edited:

iSayBoourns

Suspended
Sep 15, 2017
I’m not entirely sure Bluetooth or any setup is required outside of toggling it on. I’ve literally had it activate and notify me of its activation before while on transit.

But that could have been a beta issue.

Reactions: ramses2005

ramses2005

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Colombia
That sounds like a very handy feature! ;)

HAHAHA sorryyy my bad
[doublepost=1505732427][/doublepost]
I’m not entirely sure Bluetooth or any setup is required outside of toggling it on. I’ve literally had it activate and notify me of its activation before while on transit.

But that could have been a beta issue.

Doesnt notify me at all, it doesnt even automatically work. Maybe do I have to activate some sort of location service?

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
seems to work fine for me. i have it set to car bluetooth.

i think the phone knows that this is your cars bluetooth, because you are always connected to it while moving around fast.. ;)

ramses2005

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Colombia
seems to work fine for me. i have it set to car bluetooth.

i think the phone knows that this is your cars bluetooth, because you are always connected to it while moving around fast.. ;)

doesnt work for me, IDK why.... not even on automatic or when connected to car's bluetooth...

ramses2005

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Colombia
Just read another thread liek this one and I'd like to share something with you guys. People found out that you need to have motion & fitness ON to have this working fine, IDK about location services but I had motion and fitness OFF and just turned it ON and works fine. Worth it trying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.