Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiZant

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2017
Lima - Peru
The new update is a real shame.

I have been using an IPhone 6S Plus 128GB and with the last update, a lot of problems have been showing up in the last days. First of all, meanwhile I'm charging my battery, instead of increase, it decrease faster than ever (from 10% to 1% in 7min meanwhile using a original lighting cable and playing).

Also, GTA San Andreas App is now unplayable. The frame per second are now getting downs constantly, and at one time, got all my IPhone bugged.

Also, at the time to open, a message appears saying that the app won't work in futures updates, when before all the apps worked perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_1239.PNG
    IMG_1239.PNG
    597 KB · Views: 363

SSAJ

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2016
Didn't had any of those problems on my 5S running 10.2.3 gta san andreas works i do get that msg the it wont work in future but that msg is cuz of rockstar no updating the app to make it work with 64-bit devices it's as of now only compatible with 32-bits and the reason why ur phone is draining battery cuz playing gta san andreas and that is a demanding so all that battery power is going to make that app run on ur device cuz the charger is not able to give it enough juice its not the OS its you and ur lack of knowledge u are expecting a stock iPhone to charge ur phone when ur playing a game that takes more of ur battery than the phone actually gets when its charging

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
^^although @SSAJ probably broke a world record for longest sentence ever constructed, they're right. :)

Give it a day or two though and if you're still having performance issues or wild jumps in battery percentage, the battery itself may be having some problems. Always worth a quick trip to an Apple Store if you're ever unsure.

Goatllama

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2015
Mountaintop Lair
Yep. As @SSAJ so charmingly pointed out, you need to voice your complaints to Rockstar, who probably aren't going to update the app, but who knows, maybe if enough people complain they will.

SSAJ

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2016
Yep. As @SSAJ so charmingly pointed out, you need to voice your complaints to Rockstar, who probably aren't going to update the app, but who knows, maybe if enough people complain they will.

They have to listen if they dont it would mean that the price I paid for the trilogy went to waste

Reactions: Goatllama

FyerFyer

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2015

I have been using an IPhone 6S Plus 128GB and with the last update, a lot of problems have been showing up in the last days. First of all, meanwhile I'm charging my battery, instead of increase, it decrease faster than ever (from 10% to 1% in 7min meanwhile using a original lighting cable and playing).

Also, GTA San Andreas App is now unplayable. The frame per second are now getting downs constantly, and at one time, got all my IPhone bugged.

Also, at the time to open, a message appears saying that the app won't work in futures updates, when before all the apps worked perfectly.

Exactly happened to me aswell and believe me yr not the only one. My battery is now in need of service apparently.

In addition, my camera constantly crashes. With the amount of data Apple collects i am in no doubt Apple knows how to and how not to affect certain phones. Anyways that's another rant completely. In the meantime best of luck, I know how frustrating this. Don't worry Apple will be over in 5- ten years when people wake up and see how much they actually don't give customers compared to other competitors. e.g. Apple phones are now waterproof how many years after that was the norm with other phones, 2-3? $1699 for a phone that has lasted a year? Slowly moving off this platform, unless something drastically changes

Ahhh that felt good

Math889

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2016

My 6S Plus is fine on iOS 10.3.1 No issues here . Oh , and that App is not optimized for 64-bit

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
They have to listen if they dont it would mean that the price I paid for the trilogy went to waste
Huh... companies like that tend to act similar to the wannacry ransomeware creator demanding payment: no guarantee.

I will give this to them.

/strong rant.

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016

This is the app developer's fault for not updating their app to 64-bit. It is intended behaviour and in my opinion the right behaviour.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.