Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onlydroops

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
I was recently verified as a ADC Student Developer (they were very quick, btw, faxed my info in this morning and got verified this afternoon).

I was looking at developer prices before I was verified and they are the same now that I am verified. I thought they would be a little lower once I was verified as a student.

Am I right? Am I doing something wrong?

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Hardware's the same, software might be cheaper. But you'd have to call them, you can't do it online. Notice, online ADC, that the hardware's much cheaper, but software are the same prices. Go to the online student store and software's cheaper, hardware's cheaper than regular, but not as cheap as ADC.

Just be aware that you can only use the hardware discount once with ADC.

Edot

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2002
NJ
Discount

Hmm. I thought you had to have a Premier membership or Select membership for 2 years to get the ADC discount. Are you sure student memberships are eligible for the ADC discount?

onlydroops

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
When you sign up as a student developer they require you to fax in a copy of your course schedule and student ID or driver's license.

Those need to be verified so that you are eligible for the once-per-lifetime discount.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.