Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

protostargg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2023
Hi,

I recently went on a road trip on a rented car, I connected my Iphone running IOS 16 using bluetooth (not apple car play), i dont remember if i synced the contacts with the car stereo or not.

The car is already returned , but I wanted to check if my contacts were synced or not to it? I tried checking by click the "i" icon besides the bluetooth device of the car , it just shows device type and forget device as options.
I want to know if this is due to not being connected to the car? Does IOS show the sync contact setting even for the bluetooth device when not connected to the device?

If it does not shows the setting when the bluetooth is not connected to the device, then it will probably mean that the stereo didnt support or synced it? Or it is just not being shown due to it not being connected?

I also want to know if I sync contacts with the car does all my contacts get synced or just the favorites one by default?

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
I want to know if this is due to not being connected to the car? Does IOS show the sync contact setting even for the bluetooth device when not connected to the device?

Yes, shows even when not connected. Looking at my car, it shows how/what.

As to all or favorites, no idea. Can't recall what options my car presented me when I enabled. Guessing it will vary between manufacturers and even model years.

Attachments

• Bt.png
    Bt.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 68
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.