Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazzandmetal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2017
My notes look exactly the same on my SE. I can do the grid thing in settings but there are no icons for handwritten or document scanning.

To Edit this, all the functions do work...but only when I access notes from my lock screen via the command center. Not through the actual app when the phone is unlocked.....:confused:

Last edited:

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
My notes look exactly the same on my SE. I can do the grid thing in settings but there are no icons for handwritten or document scanning.

Can you post a screenshot? There should be a + in the toolbar above the keyboard.

jazzandmetal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2017
Can you post a screenshot? There should be a + in the toolbar above the keyboard.

ZkhouU9l.png
2XaC1ful.jpg

The first is through the command center. Second is the app icon.

jazzandmetal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2017
Weird that the tool bar is not showing when you launch from home. I can't reproduce that. Perhaps try a quick restart and launch from home again.

I already did. Not sure if it is just a glitch and will be fixed in the next update or what.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
I already did. Not sure if it is just a glitch and will be fixed in the next update or what.

It's very weird. I can't repro it all on a 7+ and I don't recall any other reports of it during the beta period (which doesn't mean there aren't any). Maybe someone with an SE can confirn

AlecEdworthy

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2007
Leicestershire, UK
Not seeing any difference between Notes when launched from my iPhone SE lock screen via Control Center and Notes when launched like a normal app from the Home screen. Both seem to work fine for me. iPhone SE running OTA iOS 11.

Reactions: Feenician

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Not seeing any difference between Notes when launched from my iPhone SE lock screen via Control Center and Notes when launched like a normal app from the Home screen. Both seem to work fine for me. iPhone SE running OTA iOS 11.

Which only makes the OP’s issue even more of a Scooby Doo Mystery :eek:

Thanks for confirming though.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
So...did the reset and restore. The notes function works right with notes stored in iCloud but has no extra icons for existing notes in stored on Gmail or when I try to type a "new note".

Ah ha! I think that might be it. Gmail, I suspect, will not support the feature. Their notes can’t support the elements involved. If you change to local or iCloud for default (or just temporarily) do the controls appear?

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
So...did the reset and restore. The notes function works right with notes stored in iCloud but has no extra icons for existing notes in stored on Gmail or when I try to type a "new note".
that's normal. same with my exchange account. enhanced notes is only a local or iCloud compatible feature.

jazzandmetal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2017
Ah ha! I think that might be it. Gmail, I suspect, will not support the feature. Their notes can’t support the elements involved. If you change to local or iCloud for default (or just temporarily) do the controls appear?

Doesn't matter since most of my notes are in Gmail. Wish I knew this before I restored...now how the f do I get my ringtones and text tones back..?

Nevermind.....figured it out.

Last edited:

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Doesn't matter since most of my notes are in Gmail. Wish I knew this before I restored...now how the f do I get my ringtones and text tones back..?

Yeah I wish I would have thought of it.

I don't really do ringtones but I did see some chat about restoring them through iTunes. I think there's a thread in here on it.

jazzandmetal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2017
Yeah I wish I would have thought of it.

I don't really do ringtones but I did see some chat about restoring them through iTunes. I think there's a thread in here on it.

Super easy to do. Just go to sounds > ringtone > and re download. The "Tone Store" is now in there.

Reactions: Feenician
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.