Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DigitalAR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2022
I was planning on it being a Christmas surprise.

I just right now purchased a year of Apple Fitness Plus for $80.

I didn’t mean to cause I was trying to take a screenshot by pressing the home button and the side button at the same time but my fingerprint got read and the purchase went through. I feel I should’ve gone with my original intended route of going to the store and buying an $80 Apple gift card.

No matter. The purchase went through and now the Apple Fitness Plus app works fully.

What I’m most concerned about now since this was/is intended to be a Christmas present for 2 other ppl in my family sharing account, is whether or not they themselves were just notified on their iPhone or any devices, that I have indeed just purchased Apple Fitness Plus.

Reactions: thejadedmonkey

DigitalAR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2022
Should just go to the email associated with your AppleID
I’ve received a receipt from Apple Services for the payment. Went to my email address just like you stated.

Apple Fitness Plus does show up under subscriptions within the Family account in settings as being shared with all. Don’t see an option on how to temporarily restrict it to just me, hoping the availability of the Fitness Plus would only be visible to me but more importantly just hoping they don’t know I have in fact purchased it and is currently already live.

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
I am confident that they didn't receive a notification of any sort when you subscribed to Fitness+. But the next time one of them is going in the Fitness app, a splash screen may appear saying that Fitness+ is now accessible via Family Sharing. I am not 100% sure of my answer because I setup Family Sharing a long time ago, so take my comment with a pinch of salt. But I'm sure they have not been directly notified

• Love
Reactions: DigitalAR

DigitalAR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2022
I am confident that they didn't receive a notification of any sort when you subscribed to Fitness+. But the next time one of them is going in the Fitness app, a splash screen may appear saying that Fitness+ is now accessible via Family Sharing. I am not 100% sure of my answer because I setup Family Sharing a long time ago, so take my comment with a pinch of salt. But I'm sure they have not been directly notified
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.