Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kofman13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Right now basically the medium and small sizes give terrible isolation and not a good seal/ANC. the best sound quality and seal is with the large. but they make my ears ache a little after 10-15 minutes.
(even though these large tips are still not as large as some tips from other earbuds that never gave me discomfort). ive read that the discomfort goes away for many people after 2 weeks. does that mean the silicone tips get softer then?

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Right now basically the medium and small sizes give terrible isolation and not a good seal/ANC. the best sound quality and seal is with the large. but they make my ears ache a little after 10-15 minutes.
(even though these large tips are still not as large as some tips from other earbuds that never gave me discomfort). ive read that the discomfort goes away for many people after 2 weeks. does that mean the silicone tips get softer then?

Silicone tips are generally going to be how they are at the time of purchase, unless they degrade. That is their property, after all, to retain their original manufacturing. So, I would think they would not change shape or softness until something causes them to, such as extreme heat or something.

How about trying aftermarket foam tips instead, if these are not working out?

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
They will become oily is all. Not softer. Memory foam tips might be a good change for you, but I don’t like them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.